Portail hippique
Connexion
Pseudo

Mot de passe

Mot de passe perdu ?

Pas encore membre ?
Inscrivez-vous !
Navigation

/  Index des forums » LE GALOP » Les galopeurs » Hommage (galopeurs)

≡  Cheval abattu en Angleterre : la Une du Daily Mirror est choquante

Nouveaux en premier  

§Rarick # 35 ≡ Re: Cheval abattu en Angleterre : la Une du Daily Mirror est choquante
Course B
Course B
Rarick
67 posts depuis
le 25/1/2009
I am responding in English because it's too early in the morning to try in French. Apologies. But I can't stay silent.

I understand that people are very offended by the image of the horse being shot. It is a horrible image and no one wants to see it. But it is actually the most humane and quickest way to put a horse out of misery. A "humane" injection is humane for US, not the horse. Everyone on this forum who owns or cares for horses should discuss this with their veterinarian. An injection takes seconds to work and is not necessarily painless. Horses do not simply "go to sleep." A gunshot is horrible to see but instant (and it is very important that it be done by someone who knows EXACTLY where to shoot).

Death is something no one likes to talk about, and it is much more palatable to watch someone give an injection than pull out a gun. But really, condemning the English for this is unfair. Here is an excellent article (in English, sorry) that explains very well the science behind having to end a horse's life:
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/magazine/archives/news/story?page=magazine-20090504-article31
23.09.14 - 07:48 Profil Visiter le site

Rechercher

Mots clés :    

[ Recherche avancée ]

Permissions